Grub Street Grackle
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
If you have any trouble with this site, please click the "Technical Help" link at the bottom of this page or email email@example.com. You can also call Submittable for assistance: 855.467.8264.
- Please upload one and only one submission during this reading period (July 21-August 31, 2019). Your entire submission must be in one document file.
- We will respond by September 21 for this reading period.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please let us know promptly if the piece(s) you have submitted are published elsewhere.
- We mostly publish work that has not been published before. If it's appeared on a personal website or other niche market, you may still submit it, but please disclose the fact. Previously published work may be subject to reduced compensation.
- To cover the cost of accepting a large volume of submissions, we will be charging a small reading fee of $2.50 during the first 6 weeks of this reading period. If you are unable to pay this fee, please contact the editors to discuss alternative arrangements, or wait until the free submission period opens on August 18 (see below).
- We pay on publication, between $20-$50, depending on the content.
Subscribe & Submit
If you would like to show your support by reserving a copy of the Winter 2019 issue now, you may do apply the reading fee to your subscription, paying a total of $6.50 to subscribe as a submitter.
Note that this is the lowest pre-order price. $6.50 is more than 25% off the $9 cover price.
100% of proceeds from subscriptions and sales of Grub Street Grackle go to Imagine Dallas Literary Arts, Inc., the educational charity under whose aegis we operate.
Reserving your copy will not give you any advantage over other submissions.
During the first week of the reading period, we will accept a limited number of FREE submissions, until we reach the quota allowed by our submissions manager.
During the last 2 weeks of the reading period (August 18-31), we will again be able to accept a limited number of free submissions.